Our mocha energy bites are delicious morsels with a secret. Moreover, these tasty little bites have been specifically formulated for their caffeine content to ensure you’re getting enough in to amplify your performance.
Firstly, Caffeine has to be one of the most well-researched performance supplements on the market to date. In fact, I would bet my life that you’ve encountered this little sports supplement before, whether it be in chocolate, soft drink, energy drinks, tablets, and/or as a classic cup of joe.
Caffeine is rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream with demonstrated effects on mental and physical performance such as; reduced perception of effort, improved focus, and improved power output! If you’re not a coffee lover don’t fear, these little energy bits are guaranteed to win you over with their tasty little sidekick… chocolate!
Mocha Energy Bites
Prep Time: 15mins
Makes: ~20 balls
- 1 ½ cups of oats
- ½ cup of cashews
- 10-12 medjool dates
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp of cocoa or cacao
- 2-3 tbsp of instant coffee powder* (we have a thing for using hazelnut flavoured for this recipe!)
- 1/3 cup of honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract/essence
- Optional: 1/3 cup of dark choc chips or cacao nibs
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blitz until the nuts are crushed and the mix forms a dough.
- Roll dough into teaspoon-sized balls and then coat with coconut if preferred.
- Place bite-sized balls in a sealed container and store them in the fridge or freezer.
- Simply take the balls out as needed for training and stash them in a small sandwich bag for easy access on a ride or run.