I can be a bit repetitive when it comes to dinners over the week. Stir fry, fish night, taco night… hey how about we shake it up by doing burrito night instead!? Well – don’t you worry, I’ve now found a new recipe to add to my rotation: Speedy Garlic Prawn Fettuccine.
It’s because I like quick and easy meals. I love cooking, don’t get me wrong, but after training, work, usually training again, and all the other bits and bobs that come with living – I really don’t want to be in the kitchen for over an hour. But I still want something flavoursome, I’ve never been the kind of person to eat an omelette for dinner, or something simple like that.
The other day I was in the supermarket and they were completely out of barramundi. I wasn’t in the mood for salmon, we’d had it for lunch and dinner over the past few days. All I could find were these dang garlic prawns. So, with limited options I went with it. And here we are! I hope you like it as much as I do!
250g marinated garlic prawns
2-3 garlic cloves
250g punnet cherry tomatoes
1 small head of broccoli
1/2 bunch of parsley
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
150g egg fettuccine
1. Start by preparing the vegetables. Crush and dice the garlic, dice the onion, roughly chop the head of broccoli, and slice the cherry tomatoes in halves.
2. Heat a non-stick medium pan to a medium/high heat setting. Add a tablespoon of oil, onion, and garlic. Stir for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the prawns, broccoli, and tomatoes. Stir for 2-3 minutes to create some golden brown colouring and then cover with a lid to steam the broccoli.
4. Leave covered for 5-8 minutes, occasionally lifting the lid and stirring.
5. In the meantime, cook the pasta according to instructions.
6. Remove the sauce from the heat when the tomatoes become jammy. Add the extra olive oil, parsley, and season with salt and pepper.
7. Split the pasta between 2 bowls, top with the garlic prawn sauce, and enjoy!
To find more delicious recipes just like this one, download our app! It’s free to download.
If you loved this one, why not try our Snickers Overnight Oats?