Inspired by the simply perfect ANZAC biscuit, enjoy these ridiculously good pancakes as another excuse for that unbeatable golden syrup and coconut combo x
What You Will Need
- 1 cup of wholemeal flour
- 1 cup of oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- Optional: 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1 cup of milk of your choice
- 2 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup of Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup of ricotta
- 1 tsp of Vanilla
- 1 tsp of golden syrup (Optional, as we will drizzle with this!)
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut flakes, to serve
- Extra golden syrup, to serve
What to Do
- The day prior (or at least a few hours before making the pancakes, combine the yoghurt, ricotta, syrup (if using) and vanilla in a bowl. Cover and place in the freezer to set.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, oats, sugar (if using) and coconut in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the milk, spread/butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and slowly add the wet ingredients. Gradually incorporate the wet mix into the dry mix.
- Get your frozen yoghurt mix out of the freezer to soften slightly while you are cooking.
- Over medium heat, quickly toast coconut flakes in a frypan. Set aside.
- In the same pan, heat oil over medium heat or use olive oil spray and coat the pan.
- Once pan is at temperature, scoop mixture into the pan (aim for a circle shape) and cook until the surface of the pancake starts to bubble (~2 minutes).
- Once bubbles appear, using a spatula, flip carefully and cook until browned on the other side (another 1- 2minutes)
- Repeat with remaining mixture until all mixture is used.
- Once pancakes are almost done, remove frozen yoghurt mix and blitz until soft in a food processor. Add a little bit of milk if it is too hard or 1/2 a frozen banana if it is too soft.
- Serve pancakes topped with ricotta ‘ice cream’ and toasted coconut. Enjoy!